Although technology is rapidly evolving, it is still complicated to edit video. This unique book not only teaches you the art of professional editing, it also gives you authentic professional experience. You’ll be guided through a typical industry production workflow; you’ll have access to raw footage, including alternate takes of each scene from a professional short film; and you’ll make your own decisions. By the book’s end, you’ll have completed your own version of a film. It’s the perfect primer for aspiring editors who want to ascend to industry-level positions.
- Immerses you in the actual experience of editing a film, from video rushes to the shooting script and continuity notes
- Provides actual media, including alternate takes, and you make all the decisions
- Walks you through the post-production of a professional short film; by the book’s end, you will have acquired the skills to complete your own version of the film
- Shows you how to use Final Cut Pro X as part of the production process
The Craft of the Cut goes deep inside the world of professional video editing and equips you with skills for professional-level editing.
The Craft of the Cut project and media files will work with all the versions of Final Cut Pro X (10.0 and above) but may need updating depending on the version of Final Cut Pro X you are using. For further instructions on how to update these files for your version of Final Cut Pro X please download the READ ME FIRST (UPDATED).pdf. Ebook readers can access the READ ME FIRST (UPDATED).pdf by using the link provided in the front matter of the ebook and hardcopy readers can access the READ ME FIRST (UPDATED).pdf using the link provided on the main page of Appendix B ‘Whats on the DVD’.
- Used Book in Good Condition