Build an Exceptional Plot, One Scene at a Time!
Think of your favorite story–the one that kept you turning pages late into the night, the one with a plot so compelling, so multilayered, so perfect that you couldn’t put it down. How can you make your own plots–in your novels, short stories, memoirs, or screenplays–just as irresistible?
“Plot Perfect” provides the answer. This one-of-a-kind plotting primer reveals the secrets of creating a story structure that works–no matter what your genre. It gives you the strategies you need to build a scene-by-scene blueprint that will help elevate your fiction and earn the attention of agents and editors.
Inside, literary agent, editor, and author Paula Munier shows you how to:
- Devise powerful plots and subplots and weave them together seamlessly
- Organize your scenes for the greatest impact
- Develop captivating protagonists, worthy antagonists, and engaging secondary characters
- Use dialogue, setting, tone, and voice to enhance your plot
- Layer, refine, and polish your storyline
- Define your story in terms of its theme
Filled with writing exercises, plotting templates, and expert advice, “Plot Perfect” helps you dive into the intricacies of plot–and write a compelling story that readers won’t be able to resist.