“No organizing project is more daunting than photographs, and no one is better equipped to walk you through the process than Cathi Nelson!” —Julie Morgenstern, New York Times Best-selling Author Our photos. They are the keepers of our most precious memories and the tellers of our most cherished stories. But in the digital age, and when free time is nonexistent, organizing your photos – the thousands stored in shoeboxes under your bed, in fading photo albums, and on your phone – is a daunting task! In Photo Organizing Made Easy: Going from Overwhelmed to Overjoyed, professional photo organizers share their eight, doable steps to help you organize, maintain, and most importantly, enjoy your photos. You’ll learn how to tackle the challenges of time and technology, have access to trusted resources when you need a helping hand, and benefit from expert advice. We are a people of stories. Taking the time to organize your photos is a priceless investment and a gift your loved ones will treasure for generations to come.
(HINT: IT’S NOT JUST THE LIGHTING)
Scott Kelby, the world’s #1 best-selling author of photography books, Editor-in-Chief and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine, and Publisher of the just-released Light It magazine, has reinvented how lighting books are written by finally revealing the entire process from start to finish. You see everything from the complete lighting setup (and all the gear used), to the shoot (including all the camera settings and a contact sheet of the progression of the shoot), to the all-important part that most books don’t dare include–the post-processing and retouching in Photoshop. This book also breaks new ground in the visual way it teaches you the lighting setup. There aren’t any sketches or 3D models–you see the lighting layout in a full-page photo, taken from above during the live shoot, so you can see exactly where everything’s positioned (the subject, the photographer, the lighting, the background–you name it–you see it all). Plus, you’ll see side, over-the-shoulder, and more behind-the-scenes views, so you can absolutely nail the lighting every time.
LEARN THE LIGHTING SETUPS THE PROS USE
Each year, Scott trains thousands of professional photographers during his Light It. Shoot It. Retouch It. LIVE! seminar tour and now, for the first time ever, he’s taken that incredibly popular style of learning and put in into book form. Now everyone can have a real-world reference for getting the same looks today’s clients are clamoring for.
- The step-by-step layouts for creating the most-requested and sought-after lighting looks
- How to get more out of one light than you ever thought you could (this is worth it alone!)
- How to control and shape your light without breaking the bank
- The camera settings, gear, and power settings for every shot
- The retouching techniques the pros really use to make their subjects look their very best
- How to retouch hair, eyes, lips, skin, and lots of other little retouching tricks that make a really big difference
- How to create high-contrast portrait effects without buying expensive plug-ins
- A host of insider tricks, invaluable shortcuts, and kick-butt special effects to give you a real advantage over the competition
Plus, Scott includes a special bonus chapter that shows how to create these same studio looks using off-camera hot shoe fl ashes and the modifi ers made for them. There’s never been a book like it.
Amazon.com Exclusive: Bonus Content from Scott Kelby, Author of Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It
Here are a few things I wish someone had told me before I started studio lighting. In this book, I list ten things about lighting. Here are three to get you started right away.
[Click Photo for Exclusive Content]
Picking an f-stop for Portraits
Start with Just One Light
Shoot Tethered to Your Computer
- Light It Shoot It Retouch It Learn Step by Step How to Go from Empty Studio to Finished Image
From a basic two-camera interview to an elaborate 26 camera HD concert film, this comprehensive guide presents a platform-agnostic approach to the essential techniques required to set up and edit a multi-camera project. Actual case studies are used to examine specific usages of multi-camera editing and include a variety of genres including concerts, talk shows, reality programming, sit-coms, documentaries for television, event videography and feature films. Other features include:
* Advanced multi-camera techniques and specialty work-flows are examined for tapeless & large scale productions with examples from network TV shows, corporate media projects, event videography, and feature films.
* New techniques for 3D projects, 2k/4k media management and color correction are revealed.
* Technical breakdowns analyze system requirements for monitoring, hard drives & RAIDs, RAM, codecs and computer platforms.
* Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro and several other software programs are detailed.
* Tables, charts, screen-grabs, photos, web-links, blogs, tech school lists and other resource tools for further study.
* Unique interviews with the ‘Masters of Multi-Cam’ including EMMY and academy award-winning directors and editors who share their project notes and give insight to award-winning techniques.
Final Cut Pro X offers a whole new way to edit, with an ease of use that opens the door for millions of new users. DSLR cameras are also revolutionizing the way photographers, journalists, documentary producers, and directors bring their creative vision to life. Up until now, editing DSLR video has been anything but easy–syncing sound, transcoding footage, fixing rolling shutter–but the “look” made it all worthwhile.
But shouldn’t things be easier? They can be. In this unique and targeted guide, users of all levels will learn how to edit DSLR video with Final Cut Pro X from the creative team behind the best-selling book on DSLR filmmaking–From Still to Motion: A Photographer’s Guide to Creating Video with Your DSLR. In no time you’ll learn how to transition from a real-world project to successfully editing video with this groundbreaking new version
of Final Cut Pro X.
• import, analyze, and organize your footage and media
• set up your projects correctly for any DSLR camera
• fix common problems like exposure, rolling shutter, and shaky video
• implement essential and advanced editing techniques
• work with synchronized sound and create compelling audio mixes
• correct color and exposure problems with your clips
• publish and share your productions to the web and mobile devices
• download project files and videos that accompany the book