Going beyond where introductory books leave off and written for experienced editors, especially those new to Final Cut Pro X, this new and revised edition of Final Cut Pro X Beyond the Basics is brimming with cutting-edge methods to bring your editing skills to the next level. Explained in jargon-free language by a seasoned teacher and digital editor, Tom Wolsky’s text has been fully updated to address the new Final Cut Pro X 10.3 interface and changes to the software. This full-color workshop features tutorials that provide firsthand experience on the art and technique of editing at an advanced level with Final Cut Pro X, as well as in-depth information and time-saving tips that will allow you to master the application’s interface elements, tools, and nuances. Wolsky covers all the bases, including:
- Library workflows and collaboration;
- Media organization and metadata customization for different genres;
- Editing techniques for projects of various lengths and types;
- Using markers and the timeline index;
- Audio tools;
- Multicam editing;
- Audio and video effects;
- Color correction, including secondary corrections and isolated color adjustments;
- Compositing and complex animation.
An accompanying eResource features downloadable Final Cut Pro X project libraries for the tutorials discussed in the book, offering readers hands-on examples of the techniques and practices covered.