“No organizing project is more daunting than photographs, and no one is better equipped to walk you through the process than Cathi Nelson!” —Julie Morgenstern, New York Times Best-selling Author Our photos. They are the keepers of our most precious memories and the tellers of our most cherished stories. But in the digital age, and when free time is nonexistent, organizing your photos – the thousands stored in shoeboxes under your bed, in fading photo albums, and on your phone – is a daunting task! In Photo Organizing Made Easy: Going from Overwhelmed to Overjoyed, professional photo organizers share their eight, doable steps to help you organize, maintain, and most importantly, enjoy your photos. You’ll learn how to tackle the challenges of time and technology, have access to trusted resources when you need a helping hand, and benefit from expert advice. We are a people of stories. Taking the time to organize your photos is a priceless investment and a gift your loved ones will treasure for generations to come.
The top-selling book on Photoshop Elements—updated in a new edition
Photoshop Elements offers photo editors of all skill levels the power to turn run-of-the-mill images into beautiful works of art—and Photoshop Elements 2018 For Dummies shows you how. Those new to photo editing who are looking for advice on making the most common fixes and experienced editors in need of a road map to this version of Photoshop Elements will find great value in this book!
Start off by touring the Photoshop Elements interface with introductions to the tools that make the program so powerful. You’ll also follow simple step-by-step instructions for organizing images for editing, creating layers in your images, adjusting color and focus, applying artsy filters, adding text to an image, and so much more.
- Get simple explanations for handling image editing
- Find steps for giving your photos a digital makeover
- Discover tips for getting better photos
- Create frame-worthy pieces you’ll be proud to display
If you’re ready to take your photo editing skills to new heights, all the help you need is a page—and a click—away.
Going beyond where introductory books leave off and written for experienced editors, especially those new to Final Cut Pro X, this new and revised edition of Final Cut Pro X Beyond the Basics is brimming with cutting-edge methods to bring your editing skills to the next level. Explained in jargon-free language by a seasoned teacher and digital editor, Tom Wolsky’s text has been fully updated to address the new Final Cut Pro X 10.3 interface and changes to the software. This full-color workshop features tutorials that provide firsthand experience on the art and technique of editing at an advanced level with Final Cut Pro X, as well as in-depth information and time-saving tips that will allow you to master the application’s interface elements, tools, and nuances. Wolsky covers all the bases, including:
- Library workflows and collaboration;
- Media organization and metadata customization for different genres;
- Editing techniques for projects of various lengths and types;
- Using markers and the timeline index;
- Audio tools;
- Multicam editing;
- Audio and video effects;
- Color correction, including secondary corrections and isolated color adjustments;
- Compositing and complex animation.
An accompanying eResource features downloadable Final Cut Pro X project libraries for the tutorials discussed in the book, offering readers hands-on examples of the techniques and practices covered.
- Edit faster, no matter what the project
- Understand the technical stuff, like timeline settings, render codecs, color subsampling, export settings, effect controls and monitor settings
- Know when to send your clips to other Adobe software, and how to treat them there.
- Master the Premiere Pro timeline, even stacks of timelines, and edit, trim and adjust with ease
- Video journalists (and everyone else) will learn how to edit faster and get home in time for dinner.
- Bloggers will learn how to make their online video and audio “pop”.
- Film cutters will learn how to organize, rough cut and fine tune huge amounts of material effectively and how to output for digital cinema.
- Experienced video editors will learn how to deal with multi-track audio and to work faster in every step of the edit.
- Marketing people who edit video for social media and web pages will learn simpler ways to make a faster cut.
- Teachers in media studies will understand the logic in Premiere Pro, and be better prepared for teaching video editing.
Video Editing is a comprehensive, practical guide to editing techniques and practices that covers both technical and creative aspects of video postproduction. Aimed at helping the reader to become knowledgeable about and comfortable with these concepts and techniques, its direct approach and user-friendly style make it accessible to readers at all levels, from students to practiced editors. This thoroughly updated edition also covers the new DTV formats, newer random access editing systems, and offers tips to help readers become comfortable with the new formats and systems.
Focusing on cutting edge technology, the fourth edition examines the conceptual and practical aspects of the next evolution–the new DTV formats. DTV provides picture quality similar to 35 mm. movies with sound quality similar to that of the CD. Discussions of industry procedures also help make the editing process easier to follow
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Photoshop choose Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2017 release) from Adobe Press. The 15 project-based lessons in this book show users step-by-step the key techniques for working in Photoshop and how to correct, enhance, and distort digital images, create image composites, and prepare images for print and the web.
In addition to learning the key elements of the Photoshop interface, this completely revised CC (2017 release) edition covers features like new and improved search capabilities, Content-Aware Crop, Select and Mask, Face-Aware Liquify, designing with multiple artboards, and much more!
The online companion files include all the necessary assets for readers to complete the projects featured in each chapter as well as ebook updates when Adobe releases new features for Creative Cloud customers. All buyers of the book get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete ebook enhanced with video and interactive multiple-choice quizzes. As always with the Classroom in a Book, Instructor Notes are available for teachers to download.
- Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book 2017 Release