The Apple-Certified Way to Learn
This fully updated Apple-certified guide presents a real-world workflow from raw media to finished project to demonstrate the features of Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and the practical techniques you will use in editing projects. Using professionally acquired media, you’ll utilize the same tools and editing techniques used by editors worldwide in this revolutionary editing software. Renowned editor and master trainer Brendan Boykin starts with basic video editing techniques and takes you all the way through Final Cut Pro’s powerful features.
The lessons start as real world as it gets—with an empty application. After downloading the media files, you will be guided through creating a project from scratch to finished draft. The basic workflow and tools are covered in Lessons 1 through 4 where you create a rough cut. The real-world workflow continues through the remaining lessons as you take the basic project and enhance it with a dive into more robust features including the newest Final Cut Pro X 10.4 tools for 360° editing, precision color grading, and more.
• Downloadable lesson and media files to work sequentially through exercises for hours of hands-on training.
• Focused lessons teach concepts and take students step by step through professional, real-world editing scenarios to create a final project.
• Chapter review questions summarize what students learn to prepare them for the Apple certification exam.
• Web Edition provides full text of the book available online with revised content for significant software updates.
The Apple Pro Training Series is both a self-paced learning tool and the official curriculum of the Apple Training and Certification program. Upon completing the course material in this guide, you can become Apple Certified by passing the certification exam at an Apple Authorized Training Center. To find an Apple Authorized Training Center near you, please visit training.apple.com.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 43.7″ x 25.3″ x 3″, TV with stand: 43.7″ x 27.7″ x 8.5″
- Smart functionality offers access to over 4,000 streaming channels featuring more than 450,000 movies and TV episodes via Roku TV
- 1080p Full HD resolution for a lifelike picture
- Direct-lit LED produces great picture quality.120Hz refresh rate allows fast moving action scenes to be seen with virtually no motion blur
- Wireless Connection:802.11 2×2 Dual Band.
- Inputs: 3 HDMI (1 w/ ARC), 1 USB, RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out
In this companion series to the widely acclaimed Lightroom Fundamentals & Beyond video training series, learn from Laura Shoe, an Adobe Community Professional and Certified Expert in Photoshop Lightroom, and a master teacher who excels at anticipating your questions.
In over 12 hours of instruction on 57 videos for Lightroom 5, 6 and CC 2015 (also completely relevant to Lightroom Classic 7!), learn at your own pace as Laura teaches you how to:
- Master output topics such as size and resolution, color management and more
- Design beautiful single and multi photo print layouts
- Print like a pro to your own photo printer or export your designs to send out to print
- Create stunning photo books and PDF e-books
- Create and publish slideshows with music
- Design and upload web pages to show off your photographs
Requires basic experience importing and editing photos in Lightroom. Check out Laura s Lightroom CC/6 and 5: The Fundamentals & Beyond video series for training in this and much more (comprehensive training in Lightroom s Library, Develop, and Map modules.)
57 videos (1024×768) playable on your Mac or PC computer, iPad, Iphone, and Android mobile device — learn at home or on the go!
Purchase grants you a license to use them forever on your own computers and mobile devices. License does not allow for resale or distribution.
CAUTION: Purchase new from seller Amazon.com only – used offers, as well as new offers from 3rd party sellers, are not legitimate and can’t be supported.
- Understand why what you see on your monitor may not be what you get in print and other output), and what you can do to control this. Laura makes intimidating topics like color management, monitor calibration, color spaces easy for everyone to understand and to work with successfully.
- Learn Laura s output workflow, from Library to Develop to output.
- Learn to use Lightroom’s Print module to design single and multi-photo layouts,including contact sheets, picture packages and collages.
- Add text and save your designs for use with other photos.
- Print like a pro to your own printer or export your designs and have someone else print them or to share them online.
- Learn how to tackle common printing problems.
- Understand size, resolution, JPEG quality, printing with profiles, sharpening and other important topics that every photographer should master, whether you do your own printing or send photos out to be printed.
- Learn how to determine how large you can print and still get great results, and how to set your printer settings for best results.
- Design beautiful physical photo books and PDF e-books using Lightroom s Book module.
- Set page background colors and graphics, add extensive professionally formatted text, vary page layouts using Lightroom s huge single and multi-photo page-layout library, create custom pages, learn to quickly auto-layout your book, and much more.
- Learn how to export directly to a photo book publishing company, and how to export to PDF for showing off on your iPad, by email and more.
- Reuse your book designs with new photos.
- Create slideshows with Lightroom s Slideshow module to play from within Lightroom, or export to PDF or video (great for posting on YouTube, Facebook, etc.).
- Add title slides and text to your photo slides, change background color and gradient, add music, refine your slide layouts and more.
Lightroom s Web module allows you to create web pages to show off your photos. Learn how to create and upload to your website.
In the eighth, revised edition of this book, Ronald J. Compesi offers a comprehensive and in-depth introduction to the production techniques, technology and aesthetics of small-scale, single-camera video production in field environments, from planning through postproduction, in a range of different programming formats. Written in an accessible, student-friendly style, this new edition has been significantly updated and revised throughout to reflect current technology and production practices.
Key features and updates to the eighth edition include:
- A focus on small-scale video production, involving a minimum amount of field equipment and a small crew, offering creative solutions for video producers with limited resources and personnel;
- Discussions of HD and 4K technology/acquisition, LED lighting, shooting with DSLRs and smartphones, new online distribution channels, and much more;
- Over 300 photos and line art illustrations, in full-color for the first time, illustrating production processes, technical issues and equipment, and illuminating key aesthetic elements;
- And an eResource with downloadable production planning documents, links to further online resources, production project exercises, and sample test questions.
With over forty years of teaching and production experience, Ronald J. Compesi offers an up-to-date and essential introduction to the art of small-scale video production in field environments in the new edition of this groundbreaking text, in print since 1985.
The UK6300 is crafted with a slim, seamless body that’s ideal for any room aesthetic. This new LG UHD TV with AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ becomes the hub for the smart home: Using Intelligent Voice control, speak into the LG Magic Remote* to pull up family photos, control light settings, check the weather and more. The UK6300 uses a powerful quad-core processor that minimizes video noise, enhances sharpness and assures accurate colors for a remarkably lifelike 4K picture. This LG 4K TV supports multiple formats of HDR content, including HDR10 and HLG, both optimized with scene-by-scene picture adjustment.
*Service limited to certain languages. Some features require 3rd party service subscription. Requires LG Magic Remote, sold separately.
- Dimensions (Wx H x D): TV without stand 49.1″ x 28.7″ x 3.5″, TV with stand: 49.1″ x 30.9″ x 9.1″
- LG UHD TVs with AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ become the hub for your connected smart devices. Beyond apps and entertainment, LG AI TV uses intelligent voice control to create a hub for the smart home and beyond.
- The multi-format 4K high dynamic range support includes HDR10 and HLG, both with LG’s advanced tone mapping technology that provides scene-by-scene optimization.
- The IPS technology in LG TV uses in-plane switching to deliver rich colors and a strong contrast Ratio that remain Consistent at wide viewing angles
- Inputs: 3 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 RF, 1 Composite in shared with component, 1 Ethernet, 1 Optical and Audio Return Channel Support via HDMI.
The Information Explorer Junior series provides readers with the tools they need to FIND, ORGANIZE and SHARE information clearly and effectively. Targeted at an earlier age range than our popular Information Explorer: Super Smart Information Series, this set will help younger readers become Information Explorers! Available in reinforced library and paperback bindings.
- Independent Television
- Independent Film
- Live Concert Streaming
- VIP Access to behind the scene footage
- Discounted Purchases from our participating sponsors and advertisers
This is the first comprehensive guide to editing on Avid from a PAL standpoint, also including NTSC information where appropriate, making this book a worldwide manual.
If you are already using Media Composer, Symphony, or Xpress and want to improve and consolidate your basic methods, or if you need to learn these systems from scratch, then this book is for you. This invaluable reference source explains, from beginner to intermediate level, the similarities and differences of these three packages and will ensure you get the most out of your Avid system.
Based on his experience as a film and video editor and trainer, Roger Shufflebottom imparts all the information you need in a clear, accurate and easy to follow format. He provides a comprehensive guide to all the main editing tools of Media Composer, Symphony and Xpress. The text covers Media Composer versions 7-10, Xpress versions 2-4, and Symphony versions 1-3. Extra information is also included on Media Composer version 10.5, Symphony version 3.5 and Xpress version 4.5. Specific Apple Mac and Windows NT information is included.
Moving beyond basic editing, 2D effects, 3D effects and graphic import are explained in detail. By working through the text you will be able to complete an Avid project competently and intuitively and you will learn some efficient and powerful working techniques.
Roger Shufflebottom has been an editor since 1974, began training in 1993 and has run courses for major broadcasters including the BBC, Carlton, BskyB, Pearson Television and the American Forces Network as well as many facility companies. He is an Avid Certified Instructor and has written many articles for ‘Avid User’ magazine.
Video Field Production and Editing concentrates on video techniques and technology appropriate for “small scale” single-camera electronic field production (EFP) and electronic news gathering (ENG). The text offers the latest material on new digital field recording and editing technologies and is written in a concise, non-technical, user-friendly format. With its reorganized chapters on video production planning, it takes students through the video production process from initial planning through final editing.
- PurColor: Enjoy millions of shades of color, fine tuned to create an incredibly vibrant picture
- Motion Rate 120: Smooth action on fast-moving content
- HDR: View stunning high dynamic range content with a TV designed to support HDR10+
- Slim Design: An elegant slim design for a modern look you’ll admire
- Smart TV: Access your streaming services all in one place using the Samsung Remote Control
Revealing the Powerful Photoshop Masking techniques of the professional image editor.
Easy to understand, with step by step instruction and illustration.
In this clearly explained book, Landscape Photographer Robin Whalley reveals a powerful collection of Photoshop techniques. Tools enabling you to create complex and impressive photography in minutes. You don’t need to spend hours in Photoshop once you understand a few simple techniques.
Photoshop masks are one of the most powerful and flexible editing tools you can use. They make possible complex adjustments. Adjustments that can transform a photograph. Take the cover of this book for example. The image was taken in the middle of the day. And yet it’s been transformed into a moody nigh time scene. All of this was achieved using masks and is explained step by step for you to follow.
In this book you’ll learn to:
- Produce detailed and complex masks in minutes not hours.
- Create detailed Channel Masks, allowing you to replace a boring sky or change a colour.
- Quickly generate Luminosity Masks to target adjustments on the highlights, shadows or midtones of an image.
- Make complex selections using the latest Photoshop CC tools as well as traditional techniques. It doesn’t matter how old your version of Photoshop is, there will be techniques you can use.
- Quickly clean up masks with a simple brushing technique. This enables you to beautifully blend adjustments, essential in creating realistic photography.
The complex subject of Photoshop masking has been distilled into this easy to use book. Featuring many examples, you can follow along using the actual image files supplied on the author’s website.
Cut through the hype and confusion circulating on the internet and learn Photoshop masking. Even if you have tried to before and struggled, this book can help you.
In the ever-expanding world of reality TV, editors wield incredible creative power. They often are responsible for creating a scene s or even an episode s storyline from nothing but a rambling tangle of raw footage. In this sense, they are a show s writers, drawing engaging drama from a murky pool of images and comments.
As reality TV invades every channel and time slot, the demand for editors who are comfortable with and conversant in the genre s styles, formats, and requirements increases daily. Editing Reality TV: The Easily Accessible, High-Paying Hollywood Job that Nobody Knows About is the first book to address this burgeoning gig.
Written in an appropriately casual tone by an author who is well-seasoned in all sorts of reality TV, this guide provides sound advice about finding, landing, and keeping a reality TV editing job. In doing so, it also details the editor s duties and responsibilities, while providing a wealth of invaluable tips and tricks for doing the job well.
- This Certified Refurbished product has been tested and certified to work and look like new, with minimal to no signs of wear, by a manufacturer or specialized third-party seller approved by Amazon. The product is backed by a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic brown or white box.
Suitable for those new to nonlinear editing as well as experienced editors new to Final Cut Express, this book is an introduction to Apple’s editing software package and the digital video format in general. You will come away with not only an in-depth knowledge of how to use Final Cut Express, but also a deeper understanding of the craft of editing and the underlying technical processes that will serve you well in future projects.
Workflow, editing techniques, compositing, special effects, audio tools, and output are explained in clear, jargon-free terms. The book’s emphasis is always on using Final Cut Express in the real world, and as such it is the only book to go beyond the interface to address crucial issues like proper setup, system configuration, hardware, the Mac operating system, what equipment to purchase, and troubleshooting common problems. Armed with this information, you will sidestep problems and complete projects of exceptional quality.
*Learn how to use Final Cut Express in the real world
*Offers a clear overview of the digital video format
*Suitable for new editors or experienced editors new to Final Cut Express
Watch Ultra HD Movies on PC/Laptop, MAC, Mobile, Big screen TV for FREE
Ultra HD – 4k, Full HD – 1080p
- Watch Ultra HD (4k), Full HD (1080p) without spending a dime!
- New latest movies everyday
- All in one place – Movies and TV Series
- Blazing fast servers – buffer-free!
Ultra HD – 4k, Full HD – 1080p
Cure Help Resources – health tips and more.
Next level video editing
Doing your video work the normal way will always fetch you normal results, for something supernormal to come from it, you must put in more efforts. After thinking of how to use our “Shortcut Matters” series to help videographers, we came up with the idea of compiling tips, techniques and keyboard shortcuts they would use in doing their editing work especially those that use Adobe Premier Pro, Corel Video Studio, and Adobe After Effect.
Make your video editing work easier and faster by purchasing your copy.
The Definitive Guide to DaVinci Resolve 15 DaVinci Resolve 15 is the most advanced editing, visual effects, color correction, and audio post production solution for feature films, television shows and commercials. Its revolutionary workflow lets you switch between tasks with a single click, so you don’t have to learn multiple applications or translate projects between different software programs. This official step-by-step training guide covers the basics of editing, visual effects, motion graphics, color correction and audio so you can start creating your own Hollywood caliber film and video today! What You’ll Learn: • How to setup projects, import media and use metadata to speed up your work. • Marking selections, editing clips in the timeline, and context sensitive trimming. • How to retime clips, add transitions and pan and scan photos. • Working with new Text+ titles, creating your own titles and adding animation. • How to navigate the Fusion page, use a node based interface, stabilize and part on clips. • Primary and secondary corrections using Resolve’s legendary color tools. • How to match shots, use color management, create looks, grade multiple clips. • How to use PowerWindows, track objects in a shot, use curves and add ResolveFX. • Audio sweetening and mixing using the Fairlight audio tools. • Record voice over directly into the timeline • Use new FairlightFX to improve audio quality • How to deliver projects to a variety of formats. • Dozens of tips and tricks throughout the book that will transform how you work!
Upgrade your viewing experience and dive into reality with 4K HDR entertainment. Witness contrast, color, and clarity deliver an authentic, lifelike picture. 4K X-Reality Pro brings pictures to life by upscaling every pixel for enhanced clarity.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 48.8″ x 28.5″ x 2.4″, TV with stand: 48.8″ x 30.7″ x 10″. Stand Width-20 1/2 inch. VESA Hole Pitch(W x H)-11 7/8 x 7 7/8 inches
- Smart functionality gives you access to your favorite apps and content. With YouTube and Netflix buttons built into the remote, you are one click away from endless entertainment.
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture.
- Edge-lit LED produces good picture quality with sleek slim design. Smartphone connectivity: photo sharing plus, screen mirroring (miracast)
- 60Hz native refresh rate plus Motionflow XR allows fast moving action scenes to be seen with virtually no motion blur
- Inputs: 3 – HDMI, 3 – USB2.0, 1 – Component/Composite Hybrid, 1 – Composite
- In the box: Mini-plug Video Adapter, Remote Control (RMT-TX300U), Batteries (R03), AC Power Cord (US, 2pin, Pigtail, Straight), Operating Instructions, Quick Setup Guide / Supplement CUE (GA), Table Top Stand (Separate, assemble required)
- Author! Screenwriter!: How to Succeed as a Writer in New York and Hollywood
“If you’re ready to graduate from the boy-meets-girl league of screenwriting, meet John Truby . . . [his lessons inspire] epiphanies that make you see the contours of your psyche as sharply as your script.”
John Truby is one of the most respected and sought-after story consultants in the film industry, and his students have gone on to pen some of Hollywood’s most successful films, including Sleepless in Seattle, Scream, and Shrek. The Anatomy of Story is his long-awaited first book, and it shares all his secrets for writing a compelling script. Based on the lessons in his award-winning class, Great Screenwriting, The Anatomy of Story draws on a broad range of philosophy and mythology, offering fresh techniques and insightful anecdotes alongside Truby’s own unique approach to building an effective, multifaceted narrative.
- The Anatomy of Story 22 Steps to Becoming a Master Storyteller
Toshiba 4K UHD Smart TV is a new generation of smart TVs featuring the Fire TV experience built-in and including a Voice Remote with Alexa. With true-to-life 4K Ultra HD picture quality and access to all the movies and TV shows you love, Toshiba Fire TV Edition delivers a superior TV experience that gets smarter every day. The Voice Remote with Alexa lets you do everything you’d expect from a remote plus, easily launch apps, search for TV shows, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices and more, using just your voice.
- Our limited edition 50-inch smart TV features a different stand from our other Toshiba Fire TV Edition TVs stands.
- Toshiba 4K UHD Smart TV – Fire TV Edition delivers true-to-life 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast, and vivid colors.
- With the Fire TV experience built-in, enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, including Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more.
- Easily control your TV with the included Voice Remote with Alexa-plus, launch apps, search for TV shows, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and more, using just your voice.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 44.6″ x 26.4″ x 3.7″, TV with stand: 44.6″ x 27.8″ x 10.7″. Multiple device input/output options: 3 HDMI including 1 with ARC, USB, composite input, digital output (optical), antenna/cable output, audio output, Ethernet.
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Premiere Pro CC (2018 release) choose Adobe Premiere Pro CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release) from Adobe Press. The 18 project-based lessons in this book show users step-by-step the key techniques for working in Premiere Pro. Learn to edit video in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 and get the most out of your workflow. Take a project from beginning to end and learn to organize media, add audio, create transitions, produce titles, and add effects. Take your projects further by sweetening and mixing sound, compositing footage, adjusting color, using advanced editing techniques, managing projects, working with 360 video for VR headsets, animating graphics, exporting, and much more.
The online companion files include all the necessary assets for readers to complete the projects featured in each chapter as well as ebook updates when Adobe releases relevant new features for Creative Cloud customers. All buyers of the book get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete ebook enhanced with video and multiple-choice quizzes.
- Independent Television
- Independent Film
- Live Concert Streaming
- VIP Access to behind the scene footage
- Discounted Purchases from our participating sponsors and advertisers